Monday, July 21, 2008

My how things change!

Well, here it is six months since my first blog and our lives are completely different! We welcomed Avery Anne Twelkemeier into the world on February 10, 2008. What a blessing. We wrote my first contraction down at 2:30 pm Saturday, February 9th, and she arrived at 2:34 am on Sunday morning. She retained fluid on her lungs and was quickly taken to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which was quite frightening, but thankfully she was fine and released on Monday. She was 7 lbs. 13 oz. and 19 inches long with a head full of hair! Now 5 1/2 months later she is growing like a weed, rolling over, sitting up (with a little wobble), and making lots of fun noises as she discovers her voice.
Gary received a promotion not long after she was born and he is now the fleet lease manager at the auction and truly enjoys it. It is a new challenge and he is learning everyday. I'm continuing graduate school in Educational Leadership and will go back to teaching in two weeks. I'm still doing real estate, but that will slow down a bit for now. My first priority is now my beautiful family. It's amazing how quickly your priorities change!
We are very blessed and thank God everyday!

No comments: